The AIBA Extraordinary Executive Committee Meeting was held in Baku (Azerbaijan) on Friday, September 23, 2011 and the following main decisions were taken:
- Following the launch of AIBA Professional Boxing (APB) program and to allow the APB as one of the official programs of AIBA, to approve the amendments of AIBA Statutes and to submit these to the final approval of the 2011 AIBA Extraordinary Congress as follows (main amendments):
- Appeals on decisions made by the AIBA Disciplinary Commission will no longer be heard by the AIBA Executive Committee or the AIBA EC Bureau any longer.
- In circumstances where a National Federation has been excluded in accordance with the provisions of article 18, Boxers to such excluded National Federation, notwithstanding the exclusion of such Boxer's National Federation, shall be permitted to compete in APB and/or WSB competitions.
- AIBA recognizes the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), with headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, as the authority to resolve appeals in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code only.
- AIBA recognizes the jurisdiction of CAS in relation to any dispute covered by Rule 59 of the Olympic Charter.
- To approve a new Rule related to Seconds during the competition in order to allow the Competition Juries to manage all matters related to Seconds, not the Referee any longer.
- To approve the final audit report for 2010-2011 fiscal year and the new budgets for 2011-2012 fiscal year for both AIBA and WSB.
- To ratify the exclusion of the Romanian Boxing Federation and to submit this decision to the 2011 AIBA Extraordinary Congress for its ratification with the condition it should become effective after CAS's final decision.
- To approve the new membership in Thailand; however, the recognition of ABAT will be maintained until CAS's final decision.
- In addition, and following BBC News allegations, all AIBA Executive Committee Members decided to sign a declaration to fight against any type of groundless and intentionally harmful accusations against AIBA.
Copyright © 2010 AIBA http://www.aiba.org